Senior Analyst - Internal Audit
North West Redwater Partnership
Calgary, Alberta, CA
|Date Posted||Jun 30, 2014|
|Profession||Finance and Accounting|
|Experience Level(s)||Not Specified|
|Job Type(s)||Not Specified|
|Education Level(s)||Not Specified|
BE A PART OF OUR GROUNDBREAKING TEAM
North West Redwater Partnership is a joint venture between North West Upgrading Inc. and Canadian Natural Resources Limited, with each company owning 50% stake in the Partnership.
The Partnership targets to build and operate a world class bitumen refinery in Alberta’s Industrial Heartland, which will add significant value to the bitumen resources in a responsible and sustainable manner.
It's a vision shared by the Alberta Government, which has clearly stated its own goal is to position the province as a global energy leader, an energy technology champion and a solid, global environmental citizen.
NWR employees are highly valued, and their contributions are rewarded with:
- EXCELLENT COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS;
- ATTRACTIVE SHORT & LONG TERM INCENTIVES;
- PERFORMANCE BONUSES;
- FINANCIAL SAVINGS (RRSP / TFSA);
- EXTENDED HEALTH AND WELLNESS BENEFITS INCLUDING HEALTH SPENDING ACCOUNT;
- GENEROUS VACATION AND FLEX TIME; and
- EMPLOYEE AND FAMILY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Administratively reporting to the Manager, Accounting; the Senior Analyst, Internal Audit will be responsible for maintaining the NWR three-year Internal Audit plan, conducting or coordinating the conduct of internal audits across a wide range of business functions and finalizing audit reports. The Senior Analyst, Internal Audit will have a direct line of reporting to the Audit Committee of NWR Partnership.
The Senior Analyst, Internal Audit will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the reliability, efficiency and effectiveness of the Company’s financial and/or operational systems by evaluating the adequacy and appropriateness of the internal controls, business processes and procedures.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with Management.
- Actively assist in promoting the role of Internal Audit within the organization.
- Develop, lead and perform audit work on various and/or complex engagements, including the supervision of audit work conducted by external consultants.
- Report to the Senior Leadership Committee and Audit Committee on the status of the 3-year plan and completed audits.
- Support collaboration with the Internal Control team and across Finance functions.
- Assist with planning and execution of internal audits:
- Evaluate compliance with established procedures and internal controls by testing operational control activities;
- Suggest and implement improvements in operations, practices, systems and policies, based on findings;
- Evaluate internal control procedures and recommend new processes and/or controls.
- Prepare reports for management that outline findings and recommend the appropriate corrective actions.
- Coordination with external auditors and owners to deliver the control documentation required to support the financial statement audit;
- Assist with the documentation of new or updated processes and internal controls;
- Prepare comprehensive work papers with supporting documentation;
- Qualified Internal Auditor with 10+ years relevant audit, accounting and internal controls experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong understanding of business processes and internal audit concepts;
- Prior experience building and executing a long-term Internal Audit plan
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to details, and the ability to work independently;
- Must have strong investigative skills and an ability to ask questions to draw out required information.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills;
- Must be a team player: willing to continuously and proactively collaborate, share, and seek information and guidance
|Applications are being accepted until July 30, 2014
< < Back