Maintenance Coordinator - Static Equipment
Redwater Site Office
Redwater , Alberta, CA
|Date Posted||Jan 31, 2014|
|Experience Level(s)||Not Specified|
|Job Type(s)||Full Time|
|Education Level(s)||Not Specified|
Initially as part of both the ICSU and MRM team, the Static Equipment Maintenance Coordinator represents ICSU/Operations maintainability and operability objectives in the design, build, commissioning, start up and steady state phases of the project. The incumbent will have strong technical background in Static Equipment arenas. Additionally, the Static Equipment Coordinator will collaboratively support ICSU/Operations needs with EPC’s, Vendors, Suppliers of Choice (SCO) and Construction Project Team. This leadership role is intended to evolve into a Refinery position within Site Maintenance organization.
- Equipment criticality reviews and assessments
- Model reviews
- Capital and Operating spares assessment
- Collaborating with other ICSU Team Members, providing input into Static Equipment arenas:
- o Implementing Maintenance & Reliability strategies
- o Equipment criticality definitions
- o RCM and FMEA analysis
- o Turnaround management
- o Mechanical joints
- o Developing and validation of procedures
- Provide support during the pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup phases of the Unit including:
- o Collaboration with the Construction Project Team in planning and scheduling of package walk downs and the transfer of care custody and control (TCCC) of turnover commissioning packages from Construction to NWR;
- o Providing input into pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup plans
- o Supporting all Team Members involved in the integrated operations
- Mentoring Craft Team Member
- Support to Operations Reliability Engineers
. The responsibilities listed are provided as an outline and are not intended to create limits to responsibility, but to provide guidance as to the scope of the position
- Hydrocarbon processing;
- Static Equipment, piping systems, mechanical joints (Grayloc/Securamax)
- Maintainability and reliability concepts and applications;
- Hydrocarbon asset pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities;
- Analysis and interpretation of process requirements for ICSU planning and scheduling;
- Procedure writing.
- CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, trouble shooting, organizational skills.
- Effective communications both in verbal and written format to establish clear goals and manage desired outcomes.
- Coach, develop and mentor others.
- Manage task assignments in a matrix organization.
- Well-developed leadership skills
- 10+ years of experience in Pipe/Steam Fitting maintenance-operations, with experience on startup and commissioning of large plants;
- Strong experience in mechanical joint integrity
- Team player: willing to continuously and proactively collaborate, share, and seek information and guidance;
- Deep and broad experience in areas of Static Equipment in order to both prevent and solve issues;
- Understand construction and construction systems and be comfortable working in a field environment with daily conflict;
- Self-confident enough to seek assistance with difficult or complex issues;
- Self-aware, able to recognize when stress or fatigue is impacting personal performance and to take steps to mitigate;
- Flexible with some travel requirements during the project phase to meet NWR’s needs in EPC, Vendor and SOC(Supplier of Choice) shops, base of operations being the Redwater Sturgeon Refinery site;
- Preference given to those with Steam/Pipe Fitter Journeymen certification and/or Millwright
|Applications are being accepted until March 30, 2014
< < Back