Health, Safety & Environment -Specialist
North West Redwater Partnership
Calgary, Alberta, CA
|Date Posted||Apr 26, 2013|
|Profession||Health, Safety and Environment|
|Experience Level(s)||Not Specified|
|Job Type(s)||Full Time|
|Education Level(s)||Not Specified|
Reporting to the Manager - Health, Safety & Environment, the Specialist - Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) is accountable to implement the HSE plan and procedures into a specific silo. North West Redwater Partnership (NWR) expects world class performance in HSE: to accomplish this, the Specialist - HSE will use strong interpersonal skills to ensure leadership and conformance by the Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractors. The Specialist - HSE will also monitor overall silo HSE performance and implement recommendations to correct identified problem issues.
- Implement the HSE procedures Plan with the NWR Operations and Maintenance departments;
- Ensure EPC contractor conformance to the HSE Plan;
- Validate HSE performance of silo construction contractors;
- Ensure incident reporting occurs in a timely fashion and corrective actions are completed and recorded;
- Monitor overall silo HSE performance and implement recommendations to correct identified problem issues;
- Conduct planned and spot audits to ensure that NWR’s HSE standards and project procedures are applied by contractors;
- Assure HSE integration across the silo specific, EPCs, and other contractors.
The responsibilities listed are provided as an outline and are not intended to create limits to responsibility, but to provide guidance as to the scope of the position.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an HSE role within an operating upgrading/refining complex or EPC construction in the oil and gas industry;
- Proven track record in regard to HSE performance and improvement while acting as HSE Specialist;
- Must be familiar and up to date in all regulations and HSE standards in Alberta;
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs, word processing, databases, Excel, e-mail and the internet to the intermediate/advanced level (capable of using a large number of functions and feels confident using the programs);
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and data accuracy;
- Strong time management skills coupled with the ability to work independently and in an organized manner is considered an asset;
- Builds effective interpersonal relationships in addition to creating a positive and productive team-oriented environment with vendors and engineering contractors;
- Demonstrates good judgment in problem solving and timely decision-making;
- Good communication skills, and a professional approach to dealing with NWR staff, vendors and engineering contractors;
- Must utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills to ensure:
- the project builds and retains an culture of open sharing of both positive and negative information,
- Colleagues and subordinates “feel helped” when an intervention is necessary.
- Must possess strong influencing and support skills, looking at the big picture and empowering subordinates and service groups appropriately.
|Applications are being accepted until May 31, 2013
< < Back