Operations Coordinator (DCS) Sulphur/Light Ends Recovery/Utilities/Wastewater - Commissioning & Start Up
North West Redwater Partnership
Calgary, Alberta, CA
|Date Posted||May 01, 2013|
|Experience Level(s)||Not Specified|
|Job Type(s)||Full Time|
|Education Level(s)||Not Specified|
As part of the Integration, Commission and Start-Up (ICSU) team, acts as the owner representative in the Distributed Control System (DCS) shop during the detail design phase of the Project. The incumbent will have strong technical background in Light Ends/Sulfur Units/ Amine/Steam generation/IX exchange water treatment/raw water treatment Wastewater and Sour Water Handling operations. The candidate must understand the full unit functionality and design constraints, including operability and maintainability criteria of the unit specific equipment to ensure design objectives are met. During the commissioning and startup phase, the ICSU Coordinator (DCS) will provide control room leadership to North West Redwater Partnership (NWR) Operations and Maintenance team members as the equipment is being brought on stream. This leadership development role is intended to evolve into a Coordinator/Supervisor position within the Operations organization based on the success of the incumbent in the role and the Organizational needs.
Leading or developing DCS processes including:
- Alarm response analysis program including a rigorous, formalized and documented approach to the evaluation, assignment, and handling of all alarms throughout all units;
- Validation of all control narratives as it applies to overall process operability;
- Developing screen graphics / navigation protocols applying a best practices human factors approach to the graphics and navigation design;
- Developing comprehensive safety system and alarm impairment standards and procedures;
- Developing a Safety Integrity System (SIS) protocol for validating the functionality of this system in the live operating facility;
- Development and maintenance of all Ops Modes including high level Ops Modes matrix, detailed Ops Modes procedures , validation of all Ops Modes and responses;
- Developing procedures that apply to control panel operators for commissioning and start-up of the unit;
- Creation of a control room operator “code of practice” .
Development of training Simulator including:
- Validation of early design concept;
- Representing NWR at the simulator FAT and SAT;
- Development of a comprehensive, formalized, simulator training / Competency Assurance program for control panel operators including a training schedule enabling integration into the overall Competence Assurance process;
- Utilization of simulator for engineering process design checks;
- Utilization of simulator to verify quality of integrated start-up plan to bring all Units on stream.
In partnership with the NWR Process Engineering, validate design concepts emphasizing startup capability, operability, upset management and maintainability of the unit through:
- HAZOP / SIL reviews;
- P & ID / model reviews;
- Control philosophy and narrative reviews;
- Alarm response analysis.
Collaborating with other Team Members, providing input into the development of a comprehensive pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up plan.
Act as integrated Operations Control Room supervisor during initial start-up of the facilities:
- Ensuring impairment protocols are followed;
- Supporting and evaluating control room operators and supporting shift supervisors for integrated operations.
Other duties as assigned.
- Light Ends/Sulfur Units/Amine/Utilities/Sour Water Handling operations experience;
- Utilities (HP steam generation, IX water treatment, raw water treatment and Wastewater treatment operations) experience
- Automation control systems;
- Human Factor Concepts for graphics design/alarm management;
- Upgrader pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities;
- HAZOP methodologies including SIL/LOPA;
- Effective procedure writing.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with contract DCS firms in a multi-discipline work environment;
- Coach, develop and mentor others;
- Manage task assignments in a matrix organization;
- Effective communications both in verbal and written format to establish clear goals and manage desired outcomes;
- Ability to coach and develop employees;
- Manage emergency situations.
- 10+ years of experience in process operations, with experience on startup and commissioning of large plants;
- Strong negotiator on behalf of the owners organization;
- Team player: willing to continuously and proactively collaborate, share, and seek information and guidance;
- Deep and broad experience in areas of operations and startup & commissioning in order to both prevent and solve issues;
- Self-confident enough to seek assistance with difficult or complex issues;
- Self-aware, able to recognize when stress or fatigue is impacting personal performance and to take steps to mitigate;
- Flexible with a temporary relocation to Calgary for the first 6 to 12 months(representing NWR in the DCS shop), with final base of operations being the Redwater Sturgeon Refinery site.
|Applications are being accepted until May 31, 2013
< < Back