Manager - Project Control
North West Redwater Partnership
Calgary, Alberta, CA
|Date Posted||May 13, 2013|
|Job Type(s)||Full Time|
|Education Level(s)||Not Specified|
The Manager, Project Control reports and is accountable to the Project Manager to develop, maintain and continuously improve project cost control, schedule, progress and performance monitoring systems to standards as established in the Project Execution Plan and the Project Controls Management Plan. Project assignments will be coordinated through, and monitored by the Project Controls Director.
Working with the Engineering houses and the Contractors, intervene and provide direction in processes and business practices to ensure overall project estimating, cost control, schedule and progress and performance measurement, and forecasting objectives are achieved. Specifically manage the schedule development and cost control process, ensuring that trends raised are being evaluated and processed consistent with the change management process for trends impacting the project budget and forecasts. Ensure that the process is timely and effective.
- Provide strong and timely support to the entire EPCM Team. This support must enhance NWR’s viability and profitability through the delivery of quality, timely and cost effective execution of all EPCM activities relating to the NWR Project to meet NWR’s strategic goals and health, safety and environmental commitments.
- Ensure leaders receive timely and accurate information to support decision-making.
- Maintain internal contacts with the Project Management Office (PMO) through participation in related company committees, staying appraised of pertinent support systems, which may affect future projects and execution strategies.
- Build a fluid, cohesive team and culture strong relationship with other groups such as the PMO and field offices, internal NWR groups, contract resources and other stakeholders to assure the project is developed and implemented to accrue maximum shareholder value while maintaining or exceeding all of our commitments to our stakeholders. Retention of key individuals will be a cornerstone of success
- Implement reporting and data requirements.
- Implement the North West Project Controls Management Plan (PCMP)
- Implement and manage NWR project control processes (procedures) systems (tools) and manage interfaces with PMO and EPC control systems.
- Approve EPC cost accounts and mapping to NWR accounts for data transfer.
- Provide cost, schedule, and performance diligence for North West
- Ensures that the construction management team and construction contractors adhere to the project controls standards and procedures established in the PEP and Project Procedures Manual.
- Develops and/or revises as needed, project control standards and procedures specific to the execution of Silo activities.
- Schedules and implements various risk assessment techniques as required as the project passes certain milestones or gates to ascertain the external view of risk with respect to cost and schedule and other external factors.
- Final acceptance of the AFE cost estimate through to the final TIC at project completion inclusive of the final input to the project close-out report.
- Focus on accurate and timely cash flow management and respond to the requirements of corporate management.
- Accountable for construction and fabrication cost control, progress reporting and provide oversight and supervision in the preparation and maintenance of project schedules.
- Manages AFE costs estimates, including estimate qualifications, execution plans and final estimate packages for submission to the PMO.
- Ensures monitoring of incurred costs, scope changes, trends and forecasts and monthly reports.
- Coordinates risk analysis and contingency analysis for project estimates.
- Monitor detailed contingency reporting to ensure justification of rundown against progress milestones. Review this rundown against rundown plans of other allowances to ensure contingency rundown is not premature.
- Provide economic criteria for major change assessment
- Provide leadership in the implementation and performance of the control and avoidance of change procedure and financial controls procedures.
- Audit EPC’s and Other Contractors for structural conformance and contract compliance.
- Training and Development - The evolution of a typical project requires the constant and ever vigilant management of PC staff as their role definitions must evolve with the project to ensure efficiency of staffing, continuity and commonality of purpose. Staff planning from front to back must be managed extremely carefully to the satisfaction of all parties
- Regular formal review of NWR staff performance as required by HR.
- 15+ years
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs, word processing, databases, Excel, e-mail and the internet to the intermediate/advanced level (capable of using a large number of functions and feels confident using the programs).
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Strong time management skills coupled with the ability to work independently and in an organized manner is considered an asset.
- Builds effective interpersonal relationships in addition to creating a positive and productive team-oriented environment with vendors and engineering contractors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in problem solving and timely decision-making.
- Must utilize superior communication skills, and maintain a professional approach to dealing with NWR Team Members, vendors and engineering contractors.
- Must be a team player: willing to continuously and proactively collaborate, share, and seek information and guidance.
- Must have strong investigative skills and an ability to ask questions to draw out required information.
- Must utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills to ensure:
- The project builds and retains an culture of open sharing of both positive and negative information,
- Colleagues and subordinates “feel helped” when an intervention is necessary.
|Applications are being accepted until May 31, 2013
< < Back